Please confirm the following to find out if online community police report filing is right for you:
- Is this an Emergency?
- Was this a Hit and Run?
- Did this incident occur outside the Eugene City limits?
If you answered NO
to the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered YES
to any of the questions please look at our Online Community Police Report Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Upon completion of this report process you will:
Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911.
If the incident is not an emergency call 541 682-5111. Press 1 at every option.
Question:What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police community reporting system?
Answer: No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Eugene please call the police department for that city.
If you are unsure if the incident took place in Eugene call 541 682-5131.
Question: What is a known suspect?
Answer: A known suspect is when you or someone else:
- knows the person who committed the crime
- or where to find the person who committed the crime
- or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in
Call the non-emergency number at 541 682-5111. Press 1 at every option.
- See the words: "Thank you for submitting your report", showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary reference number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records. NOTE: This is not an official report until it is reviewed and approved by the Eugene Police Department.
- Filing an online report will generally not generate an in-person police response.
- All incidents reported online will be reviewed within 48 hours.
- After review, a case number will be assigned and a copy of the official report will be emailed to you
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime(ORS 162.375).